Goal Setting/Planning for Business
A Simple Business Plan
by Dr. Richard Borough
AKA: Your Make More Money Plan
To create your Simple Business Plan, write complete answers to these seven questions. Keep this document up to date and in front of you every day. It matters.
1. What do you sell?
· If this is likely to change in the next year or so, describe how will it change?
· What’s the mission (or purpose) of your enterprise.
· What’s the vision (your direction) for the next 12 to 24 months?
· How will you communicate mission and vision both internally and externally?
2. How much money will your enterprise make?
· What will be your Gross Income & Net Profits/mo? 12 months out? 3-5 years out?
· How much money will you personally take home/mo?
· When you are earning what you want, what life style will you enjoy as a result?
3. How will you sell your products and services? Marketing plans:
· What is your Sustainable Competitive Advantage?
· Who are your most likely buyers and what needs of theirs do you satisfy?
· How can you cost-effectively reach out to your best buyers and attract them to you?
· How do you collect your money?
4. What’s the most cost-effective manner for you to provide your products and services?
· What human, financial, facility and equipment resources will you utilize?
· How many hours/wk will you work? By when would you expect the option to work less?
· What’s your weekly time schedule? What is the best schedule for your Show Time, Prep Time, and Free Time periods? When will you hold Private Office Hours?
5. To consistently reach your Net Profit goals, what obstacles (weaknesses/threats) need to be overcome and how will you overcome each of them ASAP?
· How will you keep on track with your personal money making activities?
· Product and service delivery activities?
6. What new/better behaviors will you need to implement in order to get to the next level?
· What must you do MORE often or better? LESS often? START doing? STOP doing?
· How will you measure progress on this? Who can help you do this?
7. What series of goal driven steps will you follow to get you what you want?
· What must come first?
· Next, and so on?