The 5 Languages of Love
“All we need is love”…Beatles wrote it because it’s true!
We all need love, and it must be demonstrated by us and to us.
The key question for me and you is can we be intentional about giving the appropriate type of love. To those we do love?
Here the five languages of love…
- Words of affirmation… this includes encouragement, positive reinforcement, kindness, and general verbal affection.
- Quality time… this includes focused attention, quality as well as quantity of time, and spending time with people we love.
- Receiving of gifts… showing others we care, and that we are thinking of them through practical gift giving.
- Acts of service… To show support and care through practical actions. To show in actuality what we feel internally: to serve someone.
- Physical touch… To show, demonstrate, and receive appropriate physical touch: hugs, touching, appropriate physical contact.
I, being a man ,really like number five and number one. A word of encouragement and appropriate hug can fill my emotional tank and keep me going for long periods of time.
What are your languages of love? What are you best at giving? Which do you love to receive the most?
Now go and be intentional about your giving and receiving of love…