GodSez Quote:”Give thanks to the Lord for His unfailing love and deeds, tell of His works with songs of joy.” Ps.107
Vision and Mission
Start with the big picture—put first things first.
Experts in the fields of psychology and personal effectiveness now recognize it if you feel upset or an uneasy about your lack of personal time, it’s not because you have too much to do. It’s because you not satisfied with most of what you do. Determine what’s most important in your life.
- Ask such questions as what’s most important?
- What gives your life meaning?
- What do you want to be and to do with your life?
Clarity on these issues is critical because the answers to these questions affect everything else in your life—your goals, the decisions you make in the way you spend your time, and so much more.
The need for a balanced life—
If you don’t think balance in your life is vitally important to your happiness, success and health. Consider this: there is considerable evidence showing that mishandled stress at home interferes with work performance, and mishandled job pressure creates and magnifies problems at home. Research shows that the quality of your personal relationships strongly influences job productivity, disease resistance and longevity. Conversely, people who have value power over family and friendships appear to have a harder time fighting off disease and sickness.
Ask yourself these questions:
- Can success in one area of life compensate for failure in another?
- Can success in your profession compensate for a broken marriage or ruined health?
- Can success in the community justify failure as a parent?
Important: success or failure in any role you have contributes to the quality of every other role, and your life as a whole. Keep balance in your life. Identify your various roles and keep them right in front of you so that you don’t neglect important areas such as your health, your family, your community involvement, or personal development. Evaluating your various roles and attaching a new level of priority in each is another important step in becoming balanced and aligned and a whole person.
The matter what your circumstance or how uncertain future, you can still be filled with enjoyment, humor, and a good attitude. Don’t let fear or anxiety keep you from experiencing the happiness that life has to offer. Go to a local park, enjoy the fresh air, and have fun. Have friends over for dinner. Spend time with family. Think about what activities you enjoy and go do them!
Top 1o Reasons for me to give thanks on Thanksgiving:
- God-The Relationship vs. the Religion
- My wife Joni–Best Friend and lover
- My 9 kids and their significant others
- Our extended Family-Yes, even the In-Laws!
- Church Family-Locally and all over the Earth
- Our Humboldt Community-Business and Networks
- My Job–Nice to have these days…
- Having Vision/Mission/Passion-Desire and Focus and positive ambitions.
- Health, Well-being, Joyfulness–The usual
- You–Known or never met-You are loved…
DadSez.com Quote:”It’s not so much what folks don’t know that causes problems; it’s what they do know that ain’t so.”Ward
Joe, You are a blessing in the Lord to all who know/love you.