As fathers, we have a choice…
It’s a choice regarding investment… not necessarily of money, stocks, bonds… but of time and life units.
Your choice, and you’re free to decide how you will invest your life units..
Will it be for stuff? Possessions? Status? Fame? Pleasure?…
Or perhaps you could invest your life units in your family, your kids, leaving a legacy, a heritage, and a quality-of-life inheritance for them.
You won’t be perfect, but you can be intentional, sequential, methodical, and directional in this vital goal. You have no choice but to succeed!
You will need help along the way. Some of the resources you will need to be humble enough to ask will be…
- your wife
- father mentors
- your kids
- other resources including books, CDs, tapes and DVDs, and the Web
- goal-setting tools and techniques
- accountability with others whom you trust and love…
How much do care?
Be honest with yourself and others.
Are you willing to do the work? Pay the price? Take the steps?
It’s truly up to you to be the architect of your own father plan. You can not afford to be self deceived, haphazard, or halfhearted when it comes to deciding and acting in this vital area…
You can ask yourself the following questions again and again…
- who are you??
- what do you want??
- why are you here??
- what’s not happening now that you would like to see start happening??
- what’s happening now that you would like to see stop happening??
What will it be, dad?… what’s it gonna be?… make a decision…. do something!
Fathers, you are the architects, and you’ve got to get comfortable enough to lead and to put together your “Dad Plan” .
You’ve got to start somewhere.. so how bout this?…a goal is a dream with a deadline…
- dream, plan, write, and share two or three goals you have as a father
- post them and review them on a regular basis
- be accountable to yourself and someone else to accomplish them
- when you fail and fall short (which you will)… move on and press forward and start back up where you left off. Have forgiveness and grace on yourself, your kids, and your spouse and others.
The key here is attitude… you don’t HAVE to do these things.. but you GET to do these things.
Your motivation and attitude is everything so decide now in the seat of your will, that this is a priority, and you will succeed!
When will you get started on your Dad Plan?
How will it look when you schedule your kids into your life and really keep your appointments with them?
What will it take for you to be the initiator/leader with this plan, and in your family?
If not you, who? If not now, when?
How about you…. and how about right now…